UK Woman Nearly DIES From Drinking Water

Like us on FB:

People always say that the best thing to do when sick is to get plenty of rest and maintain a steady intake of fluids. Although it is certainly important to keep your body hydrated, drinking too much water can actually be dangerous. In fact, it can even be fatal!

One UK woman was suffering from a urinary tract infection and was told to drink plenty of water in order to help flush the bad bacteria out. Naturally, she followed those instructions, however, in a frightening turn of events, doing so almost cost the woman her life.

After developing a UTI, a 59-year-old woman from the UK was told to drink plenty of water.

Little did she know, drinking too much water is very dangerous and almost cost the woman her life.


The condition is called acute hyponatremia, and the danger stems from low sodium levels in the blood.

Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and headaches while more severe conditions can include seizures, swelling of the brain, coma and death.

Luckily, the doctors were able to save the woman by controlling her fluid intake and correcting her sodium levels.


(via ViralNova)

Though our body needs water to function, it is important to keep track of how much goes into the body. Remember that too much water can lead to over-hydration, which  may lead to more serious problems and even death.