It’s a common reaction, when one sees a “Beware of Dog” sign, to assume that there’s a big, ferocious dog on the other side of it. It’s a justified reaction. After all, that is the case often enough that we’ve been conditioned to expect it.
However, it’s not always the case. Some people find an amusing irony in posting such signs when the dog is not necessarily dangerous. Others perhaps post these type of signs just in case. We’ve got 19 photos here of “Beware” signs that seem to be misleading.
1. Beware of cute
2. He just looks like a wise, old neighbor. His name is probably Wilson.
3. Here’s to all the passersby.
4. A humorous warning to trespassers.
5. This guy just wants a little attention.
6. “Come give me a belly rub!”
7. Beware of the dog getting a tan.
8. Let’s play peek-a-boo.
9. “Who, me?”
10. These dogs need guards.
11. It doesn’t even have teeth yet.
12. This little guy probably packs a big punch.
13. This pooch can take your ankles out.
14. Joey just wants to come inside.
15. This pup is trying to warn you himself.
16. Be careful around dogs who are great at camouflage.
18. Did the cat scare the dog away?
19. Apparently it’s a trend.
20. “I was born a kitten, but I identify as a dog.”
The “Beware of Dog” sign is usually placed by owners for good reason. The sign can be misleading, but remember that looks can also be deceiving. The animal behind that sign may look harmless, but they’re often unpredictable. It’s best to be careful at all times.